It’s back! The annual Robin Hood Festival of Sherwood is this Friday and Saturday, July 17th through July 19th.
Every year, this weekend festival draws about 20,000 attendees. The festivities kick off on Friday (5pm – 11pm) and continue on through Saturday (9am – 11pm), culminating with an archery tournament Sunday (9am – 3pm) . The best part, festival admission is FREE!
This year’s Friday Main Stage will feature Big Night Out, a 12-piece rock, pop, and show band. The Saturday Main Stage will feature Hit Machine, an unforgettable cover band capable of playing a wide variety of hits from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and beyond. Additionally, the Robin Hood Festival has creative acts on their Family Stage, more than 100 booths, an old fashioned parade, medieval re-enactments and swordplay, a teen dance, and much, much more.
Some of this year’s highlights:
- 5pm – 10pm: Food vendors open
- 5pm – 11pm: Bear and Wine Garden open
- 6pm: Melody Guy Band at the Main Stage
- 6pm: Knighting Ceremony at the Family Stage
- 7pm – Disney’s Aladdin Jr. VPA performance at Cannery Square
- 8pm – 11pm: Big Night Out on Main Stage
- 8pm – 10pm: Teen Dance with DJ on the Family Stage
- 9am – 10pm: Food vendors open; Beer and Wine Garden opens at noon
- 10am: Parade starting at Century Boulevard to Old Town
- 11:30am – 6:15pm: Main Stage Acts including Kathy Boyd & Phoenix Rising, Tim Ellis, Mbrascatu, Carrie Cunningham & Six Shooters, Pilar French, Melody Butchers
- 11:30am – 6:30pm: Family Stage opens with juggling acts, sword fighting, comedy shows, etc.
- Noon – 11pm: Bear and Wine Garden open
- 7pm: Disney’s Aladdin JR. VPA performance at Cannery Square
- 8pm – 11pm: Hit Machine
There will also be an Archery Tournament between Sherwood, Oregon and Nottingham, England that takes place Saturday and Sunday, July 18-19, at 21472 SW Copper Terrace in Sherwood.
Our very own Leslie McCabe was been honored at the Robin Hood Festival several times over the years.
For a complete list of the weekend’s activities, check out www.robinhoodfestival.org.
An error has occurred: Remote request resulted in a [403 Forbidden] response. More Info